[ndnSIM] Data delivery problem in NDN based Mobile Ad-hoc network (V2V scenario)

Sonia zohanoor67 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 23:06:54 PST 2020

Hi Adel

Thank you for your informative response. You are right. It was my mistake,
I debug my simulation again and there is only one interface 256 for
receiving and transmitting packets. However, the consumer node in my
simulation does not receive the data packets if the producer is not
directly in the wireless range of the consumer node. The data are
considered unsolicited by the relay nodes. For your information, I have
modified the ndn-simple-wifi example to make this ad-hoc scenario. I have
changed the wifi mode to ad-hoc and increased the number of nodes to 9.

Is there anything I am missing? Is there any special NetDevice for
vehicular communication? For a single chunk of data, consumer generates one
interest that receives multiple time to the producer and the producer
respond multiple time accordingly but none of the data reaches the consumer.

My scenario
node 0                     consumer                node 2

node 3                     node 4                     node 5

node 6                     producer                  node 8

When I made node 0 as the producer, almost all the data packets delivered.
After, I make node 5 as the producer node, only 2 data packets delivered
against 20 Interest packets.

Thank you.