[ndnSIM] Data forwarding backoff

nabil khemache khemache.nabil at gmail.com
Sun May 10 09:35:26 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

i hope all of you are fine,

I'm trying one of the first forwarding mechanisms used in wireless
networks: overhear and backoff forwarding

i used ns3::Simulator::Schedule to schedule the outface.sendInterest in the
onOutgoingInterest function, and it works very well, i can see nodes
keeping "silent".

But when i tried to use the same thing in the onOutgoingData with
ns3::Simulator::Schedule(ns3::MilliSeconds(rand()%2, &Face::sendData,
&outFace, data)
i get a pointers related error "terminate called after throwing an instance
of 'std::bad_weak_ptr'
  what():  bad_weak_ptr"

I don't have any idea which pointer is meant, and i'd be very pleased if
anyone could give me a clue or another way to do it if i'm doing it wrong.

thanks in advance.

Best regards, Nabil