[ndnSIM] CsTracer has no CacheHit

DJEMAA Adel a_djemaa at esi.dz
Fri Mar 27 22:09:00 PDT 2020

Hi liu hu,
It depends on the Consumer application you've used, for example ConsumerCBR
will always give you Cache hit=0, since all interest packets are different.
Try to change the consumer application to ConsumerZipfMandelbrot for
example, and fix the Number of different content (sequence numbers) at a
low value, so that the same interests will be requested many times. A such,
the cache hit ratio is supposed to be positive.
Hope that will help.

Garanti
sans virus. www.avast.com
<#m_7657518625800931590_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Le sam. 28 mars 2020 à 06:30, liu hu via ndnSIM <ndnsim at lists.cs.ucla.edu>
a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> When I use wifi model, I set a 3 * 3 topology(adjust the distance so that
> only neighboring nodes can communicate), but when using CsTracer to count
> CacheHits, all nodes' cachehits are 0, but there are CacheMisses. Is this
> what is the reason? (The cache strategy used is the default Lru. Except for
> the mobility module and the number of nodes, the other modules are the same
> as ndnSIM / example / ndn-simple-wifi settings)
>
> Your help is really appreciated
>
> Regards,
> Hu

Bien cordialement.
Mr DJAMA Adel.
Ecole Nationale Superieure d'Informatique - Oued smar, Alger, Algérie.

Garanti
sans virus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>