[ndnSIM] Forwarding strategies in ndnSIM

Sonia zohanoor67 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 00:59:33 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

I am new to ndnSIM and I need help in ndnsim kickstart. I am
currently learning and investigating ndnSIM by running its examples
scenario and making small tweaks.
However, I have some queries.

1: I changed the forwarding strategy in ndn-grid.cpp examples from
best-route to multicast strategy but I didn't see any changes in the
forwarding. I tried to notice it in the visualizer.

2: Even if I remove the line of code
// Set BestRoute strategy
  StrategyChoiceHelper::InstallAll(prefix,
"/localhost/nfd/strategy/multicast");
Still, there is no changes in the forwarding process. The nodes still
manage to forward the packets in the same way as they did with best route
and multicast strategy.
I was expecting no forwarding at all.

PS: When I changed the forwarding strategy in ndn-load-balancer.cpp from
Random Load balancer to multicast strategy it did work but is not working
in other examples.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Zoha