[ndnSIM] [EXT] How to limit the hop count of interest

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Dec 10 08:55:23 PST 2020

Hi Shuai

In 2.x you should use interest.setHopLimit() function.
https://named-data.net/doc/ndn-cxx/current/doxygen/d1/d81/classndn_1_1Interest.html#a33854e8ba70b44041591610c816c3b1f
It's the number of network hops. Connection between application and local
forwarder does not count.

Yours, Junxiao

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020, 10:26 Shuai Dong <sdong7 at crimson.ua.edu> wrote:

> *External Email*
> Hi Junxiao,
>
> Thanks for your information! Can I also achieve that in ndnSIM 2.7?
> Because I didn’t see the scope in interest.cc.
>
> If so, which script can I use?
>
> Thanks!
> Sincerely
> Shuai
>
> Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu>于2020年12月10日 周四上午8:27写道:
>
>> Hi Shuai
>>
>> You are looking at ndnSIM 1.x that implements CCNx 0.x protocol.
>>

>> https://github.com/ProjectCCNx/ccnx/blob/5089b9ae65b7879eec97588f3d947ea442d695e6/doc/technical/InterestMessage.txt#L136
>> Scope 2 is what you need.
>>
>> Yours, Junxiao
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 9, 2020, 22:06 Shuai Dong via ndnSIM <
>> ndnsim at lists.cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> *External Email*
>>>
>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> The scenario is:
>>>
>>> There are three NDN nodes A, B, C.  A creates an interest packet and
>>> broadcasts to its one-hop neighbors B and C.
>>> If I do not want B and C to relay the interest to their neighbors after
>>> receiving the interest from node A, is there any way that I can achieve
>>> that?
>>>
>>> I see there is a "void SetScope(int8_t scope)" in the ns3::ndn::Interest
>>> class. Is it useful to help me achieve this?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Sincerely