[ndnSIM] when is a node‘s aggregated object being initialized?

yao930 at mail.ustc.edu.cn yao930 at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Sat Apr 20 19:42:33 PDT 2019

Hello all,

I am doing experiment with ndnSIM2.7, and I want to use traffic control model in ns-3 to help realize queue scheduling.

I tried to aggregate a traffic-control-layer model on a node by modifying ndn-stack-helper.cc DoInstall() like this:

  ObjectFactory factory;

  factory.SetTypeId ("ns3::TrafficControlLayer");

  Ptr<Object> protocol = factory.Create <Object> ();

  node->AggregateObject (protocol);

which is similar to add a L3Protocol like this: node->AggregateObject(ndn)

But the traffic-control cannot start correctly, and later a SIGSEV error appeared.

From logs I can't see traffic-control-layer's DoInitialize() being called, so I think that might be the reason of the error.

After reading some documents and source code, now I understand the relationship between the function Initialize() and DoInitialize(), and Object and it's subclasses. Since ndnSIM simply starts the simulation like: Simulator::Run(), I am confused about when is all those Initialize work being done before starting simulation?

Any hints would be really appreciated!

Thanks advance~

Sincerely,
Chris Chen