[ndnSIM] Questions about content stores

Alex Afanasyev aa at cs.fiu.edu
Mon Apr 15 08:39:24 PDT 2019

Hi Chris,

I suggest you invest your time in understanding how NFD's content store policies are working (as described in https://named-data.net/publications/techreports/ndn-0021-10-nfd-developer-guide/ <https://named-data.net/publications/techreports/ndn-0021-10-nfd-developer-guide/> and in source code).  What you're referring is "old" content store policies (implemented inside utils/trie/ folder) that will be removed in the next version of ndnSIM as they are effectively duplicate the mainstream function at this time.

> On Apr 15, 2019, at 10:51 AM, yao930 at mail.ustc.edu.cn <mailto:yao930 at mail.ustc.edu.cn> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I am a student from USTC, and I am doing experiment with ndnSIM2.7 recently.
>
> I am confused about where the implementation of the replacement strategy  LFU is. I tried to search "ns3::ndn::cs::Lfu" globally, but that returned results only in some documents, not source code.
>
> So where are those source codes exactly lies in?
>
> Any hints would be greatly appreciated~ and thanks a lot~
>
> Best regards,
> Chris Chen

Alex Afanasyev
Assistant Professor, SCIS, Florida International University
11200 SW 8th Street, PG6 Room 140D, Miami, FL 33199
phone: +1.305.348.4960 (office); email: aa at cs.fiu.edu <mailto:aa at cs.fiu.edu>
web: https://users.cs.fiu.edu/~afanasyev/ <https://users.cs.fiu.edu/~afanasyev/>