[ndnSIM] How to reload NFD configuration file (nfd.conf.sample.in)

Atif Rehman atif_r at outlook.com
Sun Apr 14 07:07:33 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I am simulating an ad hoc scenario and made one change in "nfd.conf.sample.in" file to set Link Type as ad hoc.

    mcast_ad_hoc yes ; set to 'yes' to make all UDP multicast faces "ad hoc", default 'no'

after making this change in the files i executed "./waf configure" and "./waf" command to reflect the change in the code. However, when i printed the Link Type, it is still point-to-point.

Before posting this issue, i searched mailing list and found that there are some code related solutions recommended by Spyridon, Junxiao and Teng (Teng also recommended configuration file solution). But it seems that code changes are for older version of NFD because in previous code there was no check on LINK_TYPE_AD_HOC. However, in current version there is already a check on Link_TYPE as mentioned below.

1. Check in forwarder class

for (Face* pendingDownstream : pendingDownstreams)
{

   NS_LOG_INFO("pendingDownstream->getLinkType()"<<pendingDownstream->getLinkType());

   if (pendingDownstream->getId() == inFace.getId() &&
          pendingDownstream->getLinkType() != ndn::nfd::LINK_TYPE_AD_HOC)
   {
        continue;
   }
      // goto outgoing Data pipeline
      this->onOutgoingData(data, *pendingDownstream);
 }

2. Check in starategy class (BestRouteStrategy2)
//do not forward back to the same face, unless it is ad hoc
if (outFace.getId() == inFace.getId() && outFace.getLinkType() != ndn::nfd::LINK_TYPE_AD_HOC)
    return false;

So its mean if we just make changes in configuration file, we can simulate the ad hoc scenarios without making any changes in code.

Kindly guide me how to reflect above mentioned configuration change.

Thank you.

Regards

Atif Ur Rehman (Ph.D. Student)