[ndnSIM] How to get the payload of the Data packet as what it originally is

mengxue mengxue_1224 at 126.com
Mon Sep 17 18:16:32 PDT 2018

Hi,
   Thank you very much, I will have a try.
Best Regards
Xue Meng

| |
mengxue

邮箱:mengxue_1224 at 126.com

签名由 网易邮箱大师 定制

On 09/14/2018 10:29, Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis wrote:
Hi,

this is related to properly encoding/decoding the payload of your data packets.

There are a few examples of encoding/decoding you can refer to:

https://github.com/spirosmastorakis/nTorrent/blob/master/src/torrent-file.cpp#L97
https://github.com/spirosmastorakis/nTorrent/blob/master/src/torrent-file.cpp#L158
https://github.com/spirosmastorakis/nTorrent/blob/master/src/file-manifest.cpp#L147
https://github.com/spirosmastorakis/nTorrent/blob/master/src/file-manifest.cpp#L253

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/
Internet Research Laboratory
Computer Science Department
UCLA

On Sep 13, 2018, at 2:15 AM, mengxue <mengxue_1224 at 126.com> wrote:

Hi,all
   I am new in ndnSIM and met with some problems recently.
   Assume that I defined a class " Student " and want to attach an instantiation named " newStudent " of  the "Student" class as the payload of a Data packet.
   I wonder what should I do to set this instantiation as the payload of the Data packet so that  in other nodes  I can get the payload just as what it originally is,i.e.,"newStudent" , so that I can do some operations on the "newStudent".
I have tried on the API documentation but not found the solutions using "Data::setpayload()" and "Data::getpayload()".
  Thank you very much!
  Best regards,
  Xin Zhang