[ndnSIM] Choose your Hackathon Project now!

Klaus Schneider klaus at cs.arizona.edu
Sat Oct 20 08:21:53 PDT 2018

Hi, a quick update for everyone:

According to the list, the following projects are happening (ordered by
how many people signed up):

1. Interest Buffering (4/4)
2. Modernize ndn-js (3/4)
3. Why Fractalide (3/4)
4. Named Reddit (3/4)
5. 3D Visualization of NDN Traffic (3/4)
6. Refactor encoding and decoding in NDN-RIOT (2/4)
7. Mini-NDN documentation (2/4)
8. Self-learning Forwarding Strategy: NFD Implementation and Testing (2/4)

The following projects only have one person working on them and would
currently be dropped:

9. Certificate Support in esp8266ndn Library
10. HMAC and Merkle-Hash-Tree Signatures in ndn-cxx
11. Broadcast and ad-hoc faces in NFD for ad-hoc wireless networks.
12. Development of Yang Data Model for NFD Mgmt. Protocol
13. Make NDN-RIOT + NDN-IoT pkg work on NRF52840

If you are the one person on this project, please either get more
(real!) people to join your group, or choose a different project yourself.

We'll also ask you to do so in the opening session at 9am PST.

Also, if you haven't done so, please register on
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/7th-ndn-hackathon-tickets-51133541800,
since we might use the email list for communication during the Hackathon.

Lastly, please join the Hackathon channel on slack:
https://named-data.slack.com/messages/C8G3S7H9B/details/

Best regards,
The NDN Hackathon Organizers