[ndnSIM] question about FIB in chronosync-simple

Enguang Fan johnsonfan1999 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 00:35:14 PDT 2018

Hi Spyros,
I find your scenario about  chronosync
<https://github.com/spirosmastorakis/scenario-ChronoSync> is very
interesting and helpful to me.

Yet I still some questions

   - I 've noticed that in chronosync-simple.cpp, you manually configure
   the FIB instead of using global routing helper, is it because
   chronosync-app is not compatible with existing global routing helper?

   - why you donnot need to configure FIB for packet whose prefix are
   "/peer1/" and "/peer2/" ,is it because they can simply follow the path of
   sync packet? Yet I cannot find any hints in Let's ChronoSync
   <http://irl.cs.ucla.edu/~zhenkai/papers/chronosync.pdf>.

   -     what is the use of periodic publishing, it is data or interest
   that is published?

I've also tried to use chronosync-app in 9-grid-topology , but it seems no
data is exchanged between 2 nodes, could anyone give me some help, please?

Yours,
Enguang