[ndnSIM] Could not find the program ['pkg-config']

Maxwell You myou at rams.colostate.edu
Tue Nov 27 18:51:41 PST 2018

Hello,

I was trying to run the Interest Flooding code
<https://github.com/cawka/ndnSIM-ddos-interest-flooding> and I got to the
part where we try to configure the interest flooding scenarios. When I run
./waf configure with PKG_CONFIG_PATH set, I get the following error. I also
confirmed that I have a pkgconfig folder at /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig.

max at max-VirtualBox:~/ndnSIM/ndnSIM-ddos-interest-flooding$
*PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
./waf configure*

Setting top to                           :
/home/max/ndnSIM/ndnSIM-ddos-interest-flooding
Setting out to                           :
/home/max/ndnSIM/ndnSIM-ddos-interest-flooding/build
Checking for 'g++' (c++ compiler)        : /usr/bin/g++
Checking for compiler flags -std=c++11   : yes
Checking boost includes                  : 1_62
Checking boost libs                      : ok
Checking for boost linkage               : ok
Checking for program pkg-config          : not found
NS-3 or one of the required NS-3 modules not found
NS-3 needs to be compiled and installed somewhere.  You may need also to
set PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable in order for configure find installed NS-3.
For example:
    PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH ./waf
configure

(complete log in
/home/max/ndnSIM/ndnSIM-ddos-interest-flooding/build/config.log)

I looked at this past thread
<https://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndnsim/2013-March/000175.html>
with the same issue and confirmed that I have the
/usr/local/include/ns3-dev folder. I also tried configuring NS-3 with:
./waf configure --*prefix=/home/max/ndnSIM*
--boost-includes=/usr/local/include --boost-libs=/usr/local/lib -d optimized
but this gives the same error.

How can I get NS-3 to find my pkgconfig folder?

Thank you!

Max