[ndnSIM] How to add additional std::vector<std::string> type field in Interest packet

Mudasir Qazi mudasirqazi00 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 11:34:07 PDT 2018

Hi,
I have tried the solution you suggested. The serialization/deserialization
of a vector to .txt file is not much difficult. I have practiced it in
separate file and it works fine. I have created a vector and serialized it
into a .txt file, than I read same .txt file and saved the data in a
separate vector. I have done this using ifstream and ofstream as most of
the solutions on Internet have suggested. All this works.

But in the scenario of ndnSIM, I am unable to related it. Because in
practice work we have ifstream to be deserialized into a vector, while in
wireDecode method of interest.cpp file we have Block::element_const_iterator
type of val initialized by statement val = m_wire.find(tlv::MyVector). Now
I don't understand how can I treat Block::element_const_iterator as ifstream
to get it deserialized.

Please help me and suggest further what should I do to achieve this.

--
Regards,
Mudasir Qazi