[ndnSIM] How packet loss is recovered?

Mudasir Qazi mudasirqazi00 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 10:14:28 PDT 2018

Hi,

I have a general question about the recovery of a lost packet in ndnSIM
2.3. Let's say, we have a consumer (ndn-consumer.cpp) which has requested
packets ( '/prefix/%FE%00', '/prefix/%FE%01' and '/prefix/%FE%02' ) in a
sequence. The producer (ndn-producer.cpp) replied with the data packets.
Let's say some how, data reply of '/prefix/%FE%01' is lost and never
received at consumer. How the consumer will get those lost data packets?
Would it send request for next packet i.e., '/prefix/%FE%03' or it will
send request of '/prefix/%FE%01' again? What phenomenon is used in ndnSIM
2.3.

(please answer with the code file name and methods which are called to
recover a lost packet)

--
Regards,
Mudasir Qazi