[ndnSIM] About retransmitted interests

madhurima buragohain madhurimajya at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 09:42:54 PDT 2018

Q1. Can we use ndn::AppDelayTracer
<http://ndnsim.net/2.3/doxygen/classns3_1_1ndn_1_1AppDelayTracer.html> for
counting retransmitted interests. As I have seen there is a coulmn called
"RetxCount"

RetxCount number of Interest retransmissions (for LastDelay always equal to
1)
I have generate a file using AppDelayTracer. I am confused how to use this
file to count the retransmitted Interests.

Q2. For calculating the number of retransmitted interest should we make a
simple counter in

void
Consumer::OnTimeout(uint32_t sequenceNumber)
{
static int retransmit_count=0;
retransmit_count++;
}

Is it proper way to calculate ..If yes, then how will I get this value from
main file (e.g. ndn-grid.cc)