[ndnSIM] current security model in NDNSIM

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Jul 6 20:15:22 PDT 2018

George,

in any piece of published work on ndnSIM (either the CCR paper or the tech reports), we have talked about our ndnSIM-specific keychain implementation. For example here:

https://ccronline.sigcomm.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/sigcomm-ccr-final112-full-letter.pdf

in section 4.1, we mention: "To partially mitigate these overheads, we implemented a custom KeyChain to create “mocked” signatures of Data and Interest packets without incurring cost of cryptographic operations and enabled facilities to opt-out of some of the NFD components if they are not needed in specific simulations.”

That being said, ndnSIM by default uses a simplified keychain version to optimize data signing. Of course, you can change that or make use of the full-crypto operations for packet signing if needed.

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/
Internet Research Laboratory
Computer Science Department
UCLA