[ndnSIM] Accessing the interest in the OnTimeout method of ndn-consumer.cpp

Rajvardhan Deshmukh rdeshmukh at umass.edu
Tue Jan 30 14:36:30 PST 2018

Hi All,

We intend to include a field in the interest packet to flag a
retransmission (when the OnTimeout method of ndn-consumer.cpp is
called). We created a packet tag following the steps from
(http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndnsim/2016-December/003254.html).
How do we set this field on the method 'OnTimeout'? (Specifically: How
do we pass the interest to this method?)

Main Goal:
The final goal of this was to include a tag in the interest to indicate
if it is a retransmission or not, and use that information in the
forwarding strategy to take further steps (choose out face).

Any thoughts on a different method to achieve this result are also
welcome.

Thanks,
Raj