[ndnSIM] delayed producer and adding face dynamically

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Jan 11 13:09:45 PST 2018

Hi,

> On Jan 11, 2018, at 1:55 AM, 中村真也 <nakamura at c.info.eng.osaka-cu.ac.jp> wrote:
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> I has succeeded these implementation.
> So, I got another problems about ndnSIM.
> scenario is described below.
>
> NFD want ot know the popular interest name table (it is possible with the measurement table?)

You can either use the measurement table (not sure if there are some further restrictions that will not allow you to do so) or some other data structure (if it is a better fit for what you would like to do).

> And, want to know that which this popular interest name is popular around this node (within N hops)
> Then NFD notify this infomation of producer application of this node.
>
> I think this is achieved by  “communication from NFD strategy to application”.

Your application will need to get access to the forwarder and strategy instance of this node. You can probably do something like the following to make things work (not sure if this exact code snippet compiles — please verify that it actually works):

// Get the node by name
ns3::Ptr<ns3::Node> node = ns3::Names::Find<ns3::Node>(“name-of-the-node”);
// Get the forwarder instance of the node
auto forwarder = node->GetObject<ns3::ndn::L3Protocol>()->getForwarder());

Hope that this helps,

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/
Internet Research Laboratory