[ndnSIM] master student

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Jan 11 12:59:49 PST 2018

Hi,

wireless networks, in general, involve the simulation and development of complex models. This is not related to ndnSIM, i.e., ndnSIM does not complicate or simplify the simulation of wireless networks.

ndnSIM enables experimentation with NDN, which is a network layer protocol. Layer 2 protocols are modules of NS-3, which is a network simulation platform that ndnSIM is based on.

I would suggest that you take a look at the following scenarios (and the repository/commits as a whole). It is a good starting point you can rely on for further development:

https://github.com/4th-ndn-hackathon/ndnSIM-Mobile-Simulation-Package/blob/master/examples/ndn-v2v-simple.cpp <https://github.com/4th-ndn-hackathon/ndnSIM-Mobile-Simulation-Package/blob/master/examples/ndn-v2v-simple.cpp>
https://github.com/4th-ndn-hackathon/ndnSIM-Mobile-Simulation-Package/blob/master/examples/simple-wifi-mobility.cpp <https://github.com/4th-ndn-hackathon/ndnSIM-Mobile-Simulation-Package/blob/master/examples/simple-wifi-mobility.cpp>

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory
Computer Science Department
UCLA