[ndnSIM] Custom Apps (Examples!)

Hammad Zafar hammad.zafar at y7mail.com
Tue Feb 27 02:08:54 PST 2018

Hi community,
I've been facing this issue that whenever I try to use custom applications; whether it's a forwarding strategy, a customer application or any other custom application (that are given as examples in ndnSIM); outside their example file, it doesn't work. Always a compiling or linking issue.
For example, I wanted to have custom application 'Hijacker' in my scenario's code file (.cpp), did it using AppHelper. The code file compiles fine and build is finished successfully but my scenario doesn't run and it shows an error:
assert failed. cond="uid != 0", msg="Assert in TypeId::LookupByName: Hijacker not found", file=../src/core/model/type-id.cc, line=755
terminate called without an active exception

Note that the scenario in ndn-custom-apps.cpp runs fine and doesn't give any error but when I use custom apps in another file, there's that issue again. Same thing happens when I use 'RandomLoadBalancer' strategy outside ndn-load-balancer.cpp file (different error though).

What am I doing wrong? Help would be much appreciated.
Regards,Hammad