[ndnSIM] How to change PIT Entry Timeout on ndnSIM 2.6

Jack Baldasso jackbaldasso at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 09:23:32 PST 2018

Hi,

On older versions of the simulator, we could prevent duplicate Interests
from being propagated by doing something like
`Config::SetDefault ("ns3::ndn::Pit::PitEntryPruningTimout", StringValue
("1s"));` for ndnSIM 1.0, or `ndnHelper.SetPit
("ns3::ndn::pit::Lru","PitEntryPruningTimout","1");` for newer versions,
but that call is gone from the newer version.

I couldn't find it in the docs nor in recent mailing list posts. Is there a
way to perform this custom setting? Do I have to change the NFD > PIT
settings?

The reason for this is that I'm simulating a wireless network and I'm
seeing nodes requesting the same Interest dozens of times in a very short
period, despite the fact that I set my request rate to be 0.1 Int/sec.
Example: one node is requesting the same Interest 15 times in a 50 ms span.
Application timeout is the default 2s.

Thanks