[ndnSIM] How to calculate the satisfaction ratio

mengxue mengxue_1224 at 126.com
Wed Aug 22 18:00:26 PDT 2018

Hi,Junxiao
    Thank you for your reply!
    I will refer to the blog , try both the two formulas and find the more appropriate one!

Best Regards,
Xue Meng

At 2018-08-22 09:20:38, "Junxiao Shi" <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu> wrote:

Hi Mengxue

   I have used the "L3RateTracer" to keep track of router statistics. I wonder how to deal with the obtained data to calculate the satisfaction ratio: (1)first  calculate the satisfaction ratio of each consumer and then obtain the average of all the consumers,  or (2) first calculate sum of the sent out Interests and sum of received Data of all the consumers and then perform division operations.

These two formulas will give very different results. Use your statistics knowledge to decide which one makes more sense.
Reference: https://www.robertoreif.com/blog/2018/1/7/why-you-should-be-careful-when-averaging-percentages