[ndnSIM] SINR packet tag in ndnSIM 2.5

Thiago Teixeira tteixeira at umass.edu
Mon Aug 13 09:31:58 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I wonder if you had a chance to look into this issue.
Recapping, we

  *   created a SINR tag (NS-3) in the wifi-phy.cc
  *   created a new TLV and tag (NDNLP) to carry that value
  *   modified the encoding according to the post<https://lo.calho.st/networks/adding-custom-packet-fields-to-packets-in-ndnsim-2-3-without-forking-the-entire-repository/> Junxiao shared
  *   read the SINR value in the NDN net-device (thus, the NS-3 tag works) and attach the NDNLP tag to the newly created NFD packet
  *   read the SINR tag (NDNLP) that is attached to the NFD packet in the forwarding strategy, but the value is zero

I was looking at the geo-tag<https://github.com/4th-ndn-hackathon/ndnSIM-Mobile-Simulation-Package/commit/c59de9d958ad0aed7bcb37bdc57a46ebe1752b6f> from the 4th Hackathon, and that tag survives this encoding/decoding process. Is this a way worth pursuing?

Thanks,
TT