[ndnSIM] Changing the default forwarding strategy.

Olumide Akinwande jolumideakinwande at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 11:59:00 PDT 2017

Hi Junxiao,
I found the statement in the NFD developer's guide, Technical report NDN-0021, section 3.6.1 page 26, under the sub-heading Strategy Choice Table, in the third paragraph.
To test, I set the default strategy to multicast and in my network I had 2 producers and a consumer. Both producers could satisfy the requests issued by the consumer. It's a 4 node network topology.
Node0 <---> Node1Node1 <---> Node2Node1 <---> Node 3.
Node 0 is the consumer while Node2 and Node3 are the producers. On Node1 I installed, for the Fib entry for the prefix, 2 interfaces that point to the 2 producers.But in the simulation, the requests only reach the closer producer (the one with the smaller routing cost in the Fib), implying a best-route strategy.The expected multicast operation is seen when the multicast strategy is installed in the program using the StrategyChoiceHelper.
I hope this is clear.
Thank you.
Olumide.