[ndnSIM] ./waf configure command is not successful. Error: The configuration failed.

JEAN PIERRE NIYIGENA jeanpierre at siat.ac.cn
Tue Sep 5 04:00:06 PDT 2017

Hi team!

I am new to NDN research, and I am very sorry to ask the basic question.

Question: Could you guys tell me why I am getting this error when trying to compile, how to get rid of it?

mypcname at mypcname-VirtualBox:~/ns-dev/my-simulations$ ./waf configure
Setting top to                           : /home/mypcname/ns-dev/my-simulations
Setting out to                           : /home/mypcname/ns-dev/my-simulations/build
Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : /usr/bin/gcc
Checking for 'g++' (C++ compiler)        : /usr/bin/g++
Checking supported CXXFLAGS              : -std=c++11
Checking supported CXXFLAGS              : -pedantic -Wall -O2 -g
Checking for program 'pkg-config'        : /usr/bin/pkg-config
Checking for 'libndn-cxx'                : not found
The configuration failed
(complete log in /home/mypcname/ns-dev/my-simulations/build/config.log)

I followed this tutorial when installing my development environment.

https://github.com/cawka/ndnSIM-scenario-template

Thank you so much!