[ndnSIM] Related to modification of NDNSim

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Oct 18 12:24:29 PDT 2017

Hi,

the best way would be to focus on the code directly. We have integrated 4 large software projects (i.e., NS-3, ndnSIM itself, NFD and ndn-cxx), so the best way to understand what is going on is to break the simulator and try to make it work again.

Personally, I mostly use C++, but Python is also an option for high-level simulation scenario coding. Internally, the language is C++.

To understand the design of the simulator our recently published paper can be useful (specifically section 3 and figures 5 and 6):

https://ccronline.sigcomm.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/sigcomm-ccr-final112-full-letter.pdf

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory
Computer Science Department