[ndnSIM] Mobile package

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Oct 10 10:01:31 PDT 2017

Hi,

> On Oct 9, 2017, at 11:27 AM, Adhy Satya <adhysatya820 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> I am looking on the TODOs from the code and have a few questions.
>
> 1. In the first TODO in the `doSend() ` -here <https://github.com/4th-ndn-hackathon/ndnSIM-Mobile-Simulation-Package/blob/master/model/ndn-v2v-net-device-transport.cpp#L92>-  where we need to remove the previous tag if it exists, does `lpPacket.get<::ndn::lp::GeoTagField>();` work like the PeekPacketTag()? i.e., does it search for a matching tag and calls deserialize()? I don't understand why line 95 is commented out.

You always need to attach the latest GeoTag to the Interests that you send. That is why you have to remove an out-dated tag if that exists. lpPacket.get<::ndn::lp::GeoTagField>() fetches a GeoTag object. Then you can do whatever you want with it. line 95 is commented out because we did not get to finish the implementation.

> 2. What is the reason of setting isLocal to true if geo tag field exists? (Line #98)

Take a look at the computeWaitingTime method.
> 3. On Line #112, what the reason for checking the HopCount after computing the WaitingTime? There's no reference to hopCount in the Rapid Traffic Dissemination... paper.

I am not sure why there is a TODO for that.
> 4. How do I associate the v2v-net-device-transport to my link type? Or how do I hardcode my simulation to use the v2v-net-device?

Well, it would be better to create a helper that selects the right transport. The transport is created in the stack-helper:

https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/ndnSIM/blob/master/helper/ndn-stack-helper.cpp#L273-L285 <https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/ndnSIM/blob/master/helper/ndn-stack-helper.cpp#L273-L285>

Hope that this helps,

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>