[ndnSIM] Network metrics for custom forwarding strategy

Lixia Zhang lixia at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Oct 9 15:51:50 PDT 2017

> On Oct 9, 2017, at 2:27 PM, Хайрулло Рустамов <khairullo.94 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I want to use link bandwidth and link delay and hop count to tell forwarding strategy to make decision when forwarding interest.
> So for example if there are multiple outgoing interfaces(or next hops) for an interest the preferred interface would be the one with minimal cost (cost is a composition of those mentioned above metrics) to send.

ndnSIM people may have better ways to get the values, but generally speaking one can get delay and thruput values from measuring the time gap between sending an interest and getting corresponding data packet back, right?

it is unclear to me whether hop count should be in the cost calculation, as it may not be well defined -- an interest can hit a cached copy at some router without reaching the original producer.