[ndnSIM] ConsumerZipfMandelbrot alpha value?

Renato Cavalcante renato.frca at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 18:54:08 PST 2017

Dear Jhon

I also noticed this in some papers.
This class:
http://ndnsim.net/2.4/doxygen/ndn-consumer-zipf-mandelbrot_8cpp_source.html,

has the alpha attribute equal to 0.7 as default:
.AddAttribute ("s", "parameter of power", StringValue ("0.7"))

In this example, I changed alpha for 1.0
ndn::AppHelper consumerHelper("ns3::ndn::ConsumerZipfMandelbrot");
consumerHelper.SetAttribute("s", StringValue("1.0"));

I hope that help in some thing.

> Greetings ndnSIM friends,
>

> I assume there is a way to modify the alpha value of the Zipf-like
> distribution used by ConsumerZipfMandelbrot.  My understanding may be
> slightly off, but it appears that the consumer of type ZipfMandelbrot uses
> Zipf's law purely (with alpha value = 1) - but most studies perform
> research with the alpha value set to say, 0.9 or 0.8, since this is
> generally more realistic.
>
> Any information would be useful.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John