[ndnSIM] Trying to re-compile ndnSIM class Forwarder

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sun May 21 21:03:56 PDT 2017

Spyros et al.,

I tend to think I have a reasonable grasp of compilation and linking in
general, which is precisely why some of what is going on is so
frustrating.  Originally, before running ./waf distclean, I was getting a
compiler error.  Now that I ran distclean, I get a linker error which seems
to imply the object file is simply not being build or in a location of
which my scenario is unaware.

I have been reading through the Waf Book online carefully, and looking
through the wscripts as well.

I do appreciate your patience.  I have bits and pieces of Linux-based
development in my career as both a software engineer in industry as well as
my Masters thesis research, but this is a far larger scale, and I was
previously not familiar with the WAF tool at all, and some of the setup.

However, *per your question*, I have a link to a folder on my Google Docs
to the following files (as a full repository share would probably be a bit
overkill):
- forwarder.hpp
- forwarder.cpp
- ndn-simple2.cpp (my rather simple scenario)
*LINK:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By9ufeKqmJYYTkhBVnNTVmg3RTg?usp=sharing
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By9ufeKqmJYYTkhBVnNTVmg3RTg?usp=sharing>*

The Forwarder object is obtained, as present in ndn-simple2.cpp but
replicated here for convenience, thusly:

*  /**

*      JPB - Added 5/18/2017      Testing forwarder compilation and
method(s)  */  //get l3protocol  Ptr<ndn::L3Protocol> l3protocol =
(nodes.Get(0))->GetObject<ndn::L3Protocol>();  //get forwarder
nfd::Forwarder& forwarder = *l3protocol->getForwarder();
forwarder.printMessage();*

I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

John