[ndnSIM] Sending a custom Interest outside ann app

Michał Król mharnen at gmail.com
Tue May 16 12:23:40 PDT 2017

Dear ndnSim users,

I'm trying to send two types of Interests from my forwarding strategy.

The first one is to retrieve some data and thus should be sent to the
Forwarder and then to a Forwarding Strategy (I consider, that the
corresponding entries are present in the FIB table).,

The second one is to communicate with NLSR  to advertise a prefix.

I'm not sure what's the best way to achieve that. Shall I use the same
face to send both types of interests or I need two different ones?

I guess I must use the GenericLinkService, but I'm not sure about the
transport and its URIs.

I was trying to use the InternalFace (makeInternalFace()). It returns
two types of faces (ndn:Face and nfd::face:Face), however an interest
sent using expressInterest() doesn't make it to the Forwarder and
there's no debug available.

I'd appreciate any help with that.

Regards,

Michał