[ndnSIM] update FIB

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri May 5 01:45:46 PDT 2017

Hi Jiande

In NFD, FIB is exclusively controlled by the RIB, which in turn can only be
updated via prefix registration commands (either from applications or
routing protocols).
To implement a dynamic FIB from a flood-and-learn forwarding strategy,
you'll have to use the measurements table.
For example, to create a dynamic "FIB entry" at /prefix/testA, the strategy
can insert a measurements entry at that prefix, and attach a StrategyInfo
onto the measurements entry. When forwarding an Interest, the strategy
needs to consult the real FIB which contains entries from local
applications and routing protocols, as well as measurements table which
contains dynamic entries.
Caution: do not attempt to make a "dynamic FIB" structure inside a
strategy. The strategy can only store information in measurements. Strategy
subclass itself must be stateless.

Yours, Junxiao