[ndnSIM] Dir structure under scenario template.

Anil Jangam anilj.mailing at gmail.com
Wed May 3 18:29:53 PDT 2017

Hi Spyros, Alex,

I am working on a use case where I am trying to use the 'scenario
template'. Under the 'extensions' folder, I see a note:

In this directory you can put any .cc file you want to be compiled and
linked to your scenarios.

This mainly useful for custom extension of ndnSIM and NS-3.

extensions/README.md (END)

So, following the note, I have a put a bunch of .hpp and .cpp files under
the 'extension' folder having a sub directory structure as follows.

extensions/utils/utils.hpp
extensions/utils/utils.cpp
extensions/tools/tools.hpp
extensions/tools/tools.cpp
extensions/example/example.hpp
extensions/example/example.cpp

However, are we supposed to keep only .hpp and .cpp here? In the example
provided, they have all code file under extension folder.
https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/scenario-ChronoSync/tree/master/extensions

I am including some of the headers in my application code e.g. #include
"utils/utils.hpp", #include "utils/tools.hpp", but this does not seems to
work. Most of the cases, compiler is not able to find the headers. Is this
correct approach to organize the scenario code?

I also see another related thread going on, and looks like I have to deal
with that problems as well.
http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndnsim/2017-May/003726.html

/anil.