[ndnSIM] How to change the face_system to implement the UDPunicast or UDPmulticast?

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at cs.ucla.edu
Wed May 3 17:28:37 PDT 2017

Hi Runtong,

ndnSIM uses the NetDeviceTransport and NS-3’s Net Device and Channel for the lower layers of communication. Specifically, NDN packets are directly encapsulated/decapsulated to/from NS-3 packets.

We used to have a commit for a UDP face implementation that we eventually abandoned:

https://gerrit.named-data.net/#/c/1791/ <https://gerrit.named-data.net/#/c/1791/>

Probably, this could be a good place to start and try to port it to the current version of ndnSIM. I am not sure how easy or difficult it would be though.

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory
Computer Science Department
UCLA