[ndnSIM] Help: Wifi-AP with wired topology (Md Ashiqur (Ashiq) Rahman)

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.EDU
Wed Mar 22 08:34:14 PDT 2017

Hi Ashiq

> I am currently observing that the AP forwarder doesn't forward interest unless association is done.
This is the expected behavior if you operate NDN network layer protocol above infrastructure mode WiFi. At MAC layer, AP delivers a frame to network layer only if it comes from an associated STA.

> So, currently here's my observation from my implementation- if in intersection point of 2 APs range, both APs will forward interest from consumer towards nearest junction between path to producer and both APs will broadcast the data packet.
This conflicts with the statement above. I guess you are running ad hoc or mesh mode, in which the MAC layer would deliver all received frames up to network layer.

> Is there a way to isolate this and allow only one AP to forward interest and broadcast data packet back?
Yes, by running WiFi in infrastructure mode.