[ndnSIM] Manually change face state

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Mar 16 11:54:11 PDT 2017

Hi Γιαννης

NFD face state is a combination of transport state and LinkService state.
The former, transport state, reports the state of the underlying socket.
The latter, LinkService state, reports the state as perceived by
LinkService. This part is not yet implemented.
Face class would not set either transport state or LinkService state, but
only read from them and report the combined state. It currently only reads
and returns transport state because LinkService state isn't implemented.

When a link becomes so lossy that communication is no longer possible, the
LinkService is supposed to detect this situation (using Bidirectional
Forwarding Detection, for example) and report LinkService state as DOWN.
Since the socket is still connected, the transport state remains UP.

Yours, Junxiao

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 18:29 Γιαννης Μανωλοπουλος <j.manolopoulos at gmail.com>