[ndnSIM] Manually change face state

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Mar 8 13:38:12 PST 2017

Hi,

each application has a corresponding face, so you could extend your application logic to set the state of its face to the local forwarder to DOWN.

You will also have to modify NFD to be able to set the state of a Face based on its transport instance, similar to this getState method (create a setState method):

https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/NFD/blob/38111cde9bab698f6eaf1a9d430130c2cbb3eca4/daemon/face/face.hpp#L289

There is an enumeration for the state of a Face transport available here:

https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/NFD/blob/38111cde9bab698f6eaf1a9d430130c2cbb3eca4/daemon/face/transport.hpp#L41

Hope that this helps,

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>