[ndnSIM] Creating Custom Strategy that keeps state.

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sat Jun 24 11:30:03 PDT 2017

Hi Lixia

A strategy cannot keep states on its instance, because NFD can re-create
the instance anytime. Once the instance is re-created, any states on the
instance would be lost. This requirement is on the API docs since the
beginning.
NFD started doing the re-creating since sometime in 2016, when
StrategyChoice table was refactored. Since then, every StrategyChoice entry
has its own Strategy instance, instead of pointing to a global instance.
Any changes in StrategyChoice table would cause the strategy in affected
namespaces to lose any instance states.

I know many experimenters are guilty of making a "stateful" strategy
(myself included, in AccessStrategy::m_fit as OP noticed), but this is
never supported in the API. AsfStrategy is a good example where all states
are properly stored in Measurements.

Yours, Junxiao