[ndnSIM] Changing the interest name from within the forwadrer

Marzieh Babaeianjelodar babaeim at clarkson.edu
Wed Jun 21 14:57:25 PDT 2017

Hello all,

For my research I am working on a way to encode the geo location data of a node into the interest packet. However, when the interest is received by a forwarder, the forwarder should change the geo location data. Currently, I have an application that encodes the consumer's location into the interest name, but the forwarder cannot change the name of the packet because the interest is passed as const to almost all of the functions. Is there a way to have the forwarder handle changing the name, or is there a better way to do this?

Best Regards,
Marzieh Babaeianjelodar