[ndnSIM] Implement a new cache policy

Dhiab Imen dhiabimen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 01:41:26 PST 2017

Hi all,

I need to implement a new cache policy.I am
currently using ndnSIM 1.0, referring to the source code of LRU policy
(lru-policy.h), it seems to me that the "policy_container" in the code
serves as a cache storage is a list. But in my policy the policy
container must be a tree where the left child are the most recently
used items and the right child is the least recently used item. I'm
new in using boost intrusive algorithms, I don't know if it is
possible to use rbtree or splaytree and how can I initialize
policy_hook_type, container_hook,policy_container and parent_trie.

Thank you for your response in advance.