[ndnSIM] How to fail a node

Junior DONGO junior.dongo at lacl.fr
Fri Jan 20 03:21:02 PST 2017

Dear ndnSim users,

Is there a way to simulate a node failure during simulation? Something
like "kill the node" or deactivate the node.

Also using "ndn::LinkControlHelper::FailLink", I observe something strange.

In my scenario, I have something like this:

node1:consumer

node2:producer

node4:producer

node3: intermediate node

node1-----------node2

|                        |

node3---------node4

I use "ndn::LinkControlHelper::FailLink" to fail the link between node1
and node2, the interests from node1 timeout, which means that node1
tries to send the interests to node2 and not to node4 through node3.

Any idea about this behavior? Is it related to the strategy(best route
is used)?

Thanks,

Junior