[ndnSIM] Per-interface (face?) statistics?

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sat Jan 7 22:15:09 PST 2017

ndnSIM friends,

I'm mostly just mulling over some ideas about this for the time being, but
I'd like to get some information from anyone reading this, with some
insight.

Consider several Consumers connected to a router, which is then connected
to a Producer (or multiple producers - just consider one for now)

1.  Is it correct for me to assume that each connection between a Consumer
at the router is a Face (interface?) or is there any sharing?  E.g., do
consumers 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. ever connect to the Producer with the same face?

2.  I'm trying to see what would happen if an attacker hijacked a node or
nodes at focused their attack on an individual interface (face), so is this
equivalent to compromising one or more consumers?
    -->  In other words is there a one-to-one correspondence between the
Face and the Consumer always?  If not, when is this not the case and can it
be controlled?

Thanks,

John