[ndnSIM] add delay before forwarding Data

Lixia Zhang lixia at CS.UCLA.EDU
Thu Jan 5 08:14:34 PST 2017

> On Jan 5, 2017, at 3:40 AM, Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Teng
>
> You can't. Forwarding strategy only deals with Interest forwarding and Nack returning. Data returning is controlled directly in incoming Data pipeline and outgoing Data pipeline.

the above stated data packet handling is not forwarding strategy's job, but it sounds to me like one indeed can tweak outgoing data pipeline in ndnSIM to add the effect of some delay, right?

Teng, wonder why you'd like to add delay for data?  Just curious.

(I know similar thing for IP experimentation, for dealing with the impact of long delay links, eg satellite, or in a local imitated environment for long haul networks)