[ndnSIM] ndnSIM: Modifying Interest Packet

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Feb 20 11:12:29 PST 2017

Hi Sabet

Starting NFD 0.5.0, Strategy::sendInterest function allows the strategy to
directly specify the Interest packet to be sent out, so that you can make a
copy of the Interest and modify it as you need.

auto outInterest = make_shared<Interest>(inInterest);
outInterest->setInterestLifetime(time::milliseconds(500));
this->sendInterest(pitEntry, outFace, *outInterest);

Just make sure the copy of Interest is created in make_shared, and it still
matches the PIT entry which means you can't change Name+Selectors+Link.

I can make a copy of Interest and modify it. How can I get it
Forwarder::startProcessInterest
to make it pass forwarding pipeline again? I mean, what about the incoming
face? Any suggestion?

I don't know why you want the Interest to enter as an incoming Interest.
Where does it come from? (and that will be your incoming face)