[ndnSIM] How to add a new variable

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Fri Feb 10 20:37:20 PST 2017

> On Feb 10, 2017, at 7:30 PM, 呂建德 <v0918732669 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I test the same code on three platfoms like below.
>
> http://imgur.com/a/9e38l <http://imgur.com/a/9e38l>
>
> and the first one is mac os, second one is mint based on ubuntu16.04, the last one is ubuntu16.04 LTS.
>
> the code in ndn-producer is
> data->setContent(::ndn::encoding::makeStringBlock(::ndn::tlv::Content, str));
>
> the code in ndn-consumer is
> NS_LOG_INFO("< DATA for " << data->getContent().value());

This is not the proper way of interpreting content as a string.  This will try to interpret bytes carried in the content as a null-terminated string, which the content probably isn't.

Use this, a bit more explicit, way:

std::string stringValue(data->getContent().value(), data->getContent().value_size());