[ndnSIM] Content Object IDs

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Mon Dec 4 22:41:28 PST 2017

Junxiao,

Thanks again for your wisdom and information.  The documentation on the
Name format appears a little bit limited, but is somewhat useful, so I do
appreciate it.

Here's what I find a little peculiar, for example:

   - When I explicitly request content with appended sequence number 750
   and 1000, I get the following:
      - 750:   %FE%02%EE
      - 1000:  %FE%03%E8
   - When I request content with appended sequence numbers 7,500 and
   10,000, I get the following:
      - 7500:  %FE%1DL
      - 10000: %FE%27%10

In the groupings, if we remove the initial %FE%, then we just have
hexadecimal couplets that do in fact equal the appended sequence
numbers, *except
for *7500, which has this *1DL* at the end...  I have no idea where this is
coming from.  How is 1DL even a value?  You mentioned it was "binary", but
I'm not 100% sure what you mean in this context - I assumed that the string
representations are the hexadecimal values representing the binary, which
makes sense for many of the values.  all the low numbers work fine - 10 -->
0A, 11 --> 0B, etc.  And some of the large numbers work.  But some simply
don't.

It seemed so straightforward and logical, except I'm finding certain values
are not being translated correctly.  I'm digging deeper into the appending
that I do, but this is what it appears.

Thanks,

John