[ndnSIM] Name format

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sun Dec 3 21:32:37 PST 2017

Greetings ndnSIM friends,

My previous assumption was that the content names (e.g., as obtained from
interest.getName(), say in onContentStoreMiss in the forwarder class) were
numbers using hexadecimal from beyond the prefix, so /prefix/FE%01, 02, 03,
04, ......  etc.

But I'm starting to realize some of the content names for larger content
space items seem to be all over the place.  I've seen "t" and "q" and "N"
in names, which are of course outside the hexadecimal range for sure.

So, I suppose my question is:  is there any reasonably thorough
documentation or information available to know the predictable format of
names?

So, if I'm using Zipf-Mandelbrot for example, I should think I'd be able to
know the name of the *i* = 10,000th item without even running a scenario.
I assume they're predictable, in other words.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John