[ndnSIM] Content Object IDs

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sat Dec 2 21:47:59 PST 2017

Greetings ndnSIM friends,

I'm working on some custom caching scenarios and need a large cache space.
When I was using smaller spaces, with say, 100 or so cache objects
available to request, I didn't seem to have any troubles.

Now I'm encountering some strange behaviors and am curious about
something.  I was previously under the assumption that the Content IDs used
hexadecimal values.  Now I'm not entirely sure.  I increased the
NumberOfContents to 1 million, and I'm getting values that don't fall into
any sort of hexadecimal format.  I'm seeing the characters "h" and "N" and
"H" show up frequently.  These are of course out of range.

I had also been doing some parsing and conversions so now I'm getting a lot
of situations where my stoi calls are receiving bad input.

thoughts?

Thanks,

John