[ndnSIM] Mobile package

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Aug 25 15:45:18 PDT 2017

Hi,

if I recall correctly, we did not get to use the v2v-net-device transport. We directly modified the net device transport instead (https://github.com/4th-ndn-hackathon/ndnSIM-Mobile-Simulation-Package/commit/d6bce17032111bdf8c170b9c694dced7f0796b14).

From the perspective of long term design planning, a Face of NFD will be associated with a link of specific type. This link can be an ad-hoc or a point-to-point link, etc, so this could determine how a strategy makes its decisions. I do not think that an application will be able to know the type of the underlying link (unless it sends a query to NFD somehow — this could be implemented as a hack in ndnSIM if needed).

We are planning to integrate the latest version of NFD with ndnSIM this fall to be able to use the link type feature in simulations, so please stay tuned.

Thank you,

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory