[ndnSIM] Policy class knowing about interests?

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sun Apr 30 20:22:05 PDT 2017

Greetings all,

I have a partial solution I'm working with, but I wanted to bounce a
question off of you all and see what ideas you might have.

If I understand correctly, the *Strategy *class is the only one that knows
when an interest arrives (afterReceiveInterest method specifically.)

And the *Policy *class is what determines what is cached and/or removed
from the cache.

So, *what if the Policy wanted information about the frequency of Interests*
?

The way I'm trying to make this work is with an intermediary class allowing
for some level of communication between the custom derived (sub) classes of
Strategy and Policy that I've written.

Is there another way or does this sound like I'm on the right track?

Thanks,

John